<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 27, 2012

千九百八十七:booboobaby

DSC_1239blog
the new baby

Finally, I got to meet the little one who was in me for the past 9 months. Say hi to bb Mirei :)

& goodbye to my social life.

i want to kill the person who invented this confinement shit. with this kind of weather, all that rubbish about no bathing allowed etc is really rubbish. & even with the herbal bathing thing, my very paranoid mum thinks that bathing should only be done every 2-3 days with the herbs. Which is crazy because I was perspiring alot every night with all those heaty confinement food everyday (& 2 fans in my face) & I was itching like crazy at the neck and back area (I have a history of heat rash at the neck area) & was really going to scratch my skin out already even though I bathed yesterday with the herbal water when my mum finally relented and I got to bathe with the herbal thing again. & I thought I could enjoy a leisurely shower when the bb had to wake up in the middle of it & I had to rush through it, & came out of the shower all sweaty again (with all the stupid no wind rule or you will get wind in the head blah blah) seriously, I don't believe in this crap! else all the people who don't do confinement will have all those diseases & that's alot of women in the world!! no wonder so many pple suffer from postnatal depression..

i hope the dark knight is still showing when Ryo comes back.. although I dunno how I will watch a movie with the baby.. this  must be one of those things you have to sacrifice when having a baby. (T.T)

9 Comments:

Blogger P.I.G. said...

ohhh next baby, give birth in Japan and you have no confinement rules! But gonna be damn jialat... hope ur doing well with ur mom's help, and enjoying it so far =))

12:17 am GMT+8  
Blogger booboogal said...

i think i'm going to do that! I'm grateful to my mum for cooking & helping out but it really is ridiculous, some of these rules!

5:05 pm GMT+8  
Blogger P.I.G. said...

hee im sure having Mom ard helps alot! nx time, plan to give birth during spring/autumn so everythg is much more bearable haha...

11:21 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!! didn't know you were due so soon and the baby is here already, hope you can enjoy this new phase of life! don't let the confinement rules bother you too much, it's true a lot of women don't follow everything and still live on perfectly normal, it's just the chinese culture and beliefs but still a lot of chinese women suffer ailments that they say won't happen if confinement was done well... do rest and eat well, i feel hygiene and comfort still more important... at least for now, it will be another few more years for me before i really find out:)

12:14 pm GMT+8  
Blogger booboogal said...

Shu Ping - haha we shall see about whether there is a next time..

thisisholiday - thanks! yeah, I only kinda mentioned it on the blog when I'm already 8months+, so the past month was really a waiting game. I guess things are slightly better these few days (weather is cooler too), just try to follow what my mum says to make her happy. I'll be waiting for you to have yours! :P

3:18 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, u r the first person that says this (waiting for me to have mine) that doesn't make me cringe or feel loathsome to the idea, which i've never thought i would be feeling or thinking in these ways when i was younger... hahaha... all the lofty dreams and ideas i used to have... stories for another day :) anyway, i thought i saw ur entries and photos on your marathon not too long ago and you look the same, couldn't tell you had a baby bump nor put on any weight! do share your secrets... or journey, birthing stories, etc if you have the time!

4:46 pm GMT+8  
Blogger booboogal said...

thisisholiday - ya... age is catching up on us.. I still don't feel at all maternal (like those pple who says they cried when they saw their bb for the first time, I was thinking,*oh. it's out* instead haha) but didn't want to have a kid only too late when I finally want one. I've been lazy about blogging; will try to share more in the next post :p

3:50 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya, i've heard some mothers do cry when they see their babies for the first time, like how some brides do when they wore their wedding dresses for the first time or when they walk down the aisle. i've never had that kind of moments even though i'm pretty emotional sometimes. haha, i'm more like 'oh, it's happening now' or 'oh, this is it?' kind of person when it comes to monumental moments too... abt the too late thing, i've thought of it as well... hmmm... is it ok to share what makes you change?

7:10 pm GMT+8  
Blogger booboogal said...

thisisholiday - It's not really about changing my mind. But I did sort of promise my parents 3 years ago that I would have a dragon baby when they kept bugging me about when I was going to have kids. & having said that, I sort of set myself a deadline for doing all the stuff I wanted to do before having a baby (like running a marathon, travel alot more last year etc) and also kinda told my husband that we would only have kids if we bought our own apartment & by end of last year, we had done all of the things above (& I ran out of reasons not to have a baby) so I guess that's why I "changed my mind"? & given that we didn't even try more than once, i think it's really a blessing & I can't complain as compared to those couples who try so hard to conceive.

5:21 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read Older Posts

Google
 
Web booboogal.blogspot.com


.